You may want to make your reservations for a hotel room now! On Friday night November 8th the Oregon State Football team hosts the Washington Huskies in a key Pac-12 battle at Reser. The game is set for a 7:30 kickoff. Now you can stick around for two basketball games on the 9th. The men's team just announced they will host Iowa State at Gill. The Cyclones are the reigning Big-12 Tournament champs. (I included highlights of the Kansas win in the finals). The 6th ranked Oregon State Women's team will host UC Irvine that same day in the opening round of the WNIT. Game times to be determined. Sounds like a weekend I wouldn't want to miss if I follow the Orange and Black! Here is the official release from OSU Athletics on the Iowa State game:
Oregon State will face Iowa State at Gill Coliseum on Saturday, Nov. 9, head coach Wayne Tinkle announced Monday.
The Oregon State football team will play the evening before when they host Washington at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 8 at Reser Stadium.
Fans can secure men's basketball season tickets by calling 541-737-2050. For returning ticket holders part of the "Committ2Wayne" plan, season tickets will be $349 for chair back and $199 for bench seats. All other returning ticket holders will be $384 for chair back and $219 for bench seats. All new chair back season tickets will be $384 and new bench season tickets will be $219.
The Cyclones went 23-12 last season, won the Big 12 Tournament for the fourth time in the last six years and advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the seventh time in the last eight years. They were ranked No. 25 in the final Coaches Poll.
The Beavers will play at Iowa State during the 2020-21 season.
"We are excited to play Iowa State, a team that has had a lot of success," Tinkle said. "We know it's difficult to get that caliber of team to come to Corvallis. We will certainly be tested out of the gate when we are adding a lot of pieces."
The time of the game will be announced when the Pac-12 releases the schedule with television partners in September. The remainder of Oregon State's non-conference schedule will be released when it's finalized.
In March it was announced that Oregon State will face Oklahoma on Tuesday, Nov. 12 in the inaugural Phil Knight Invitational (PKI) at Moda Center in Portland. Oregon will play Memphis in an annual event that is slated to occur through 2021.
Tickets for the PKI will go on sale later this year, ranging from $35-$125. Information can be found atwww.pkinvitational.com.
"Right after the Iowa State game, we will head to the Moda Center to play Oklahoma in the Phil Knight Invitational, another Big 12 opponent," Tinkle said. "We'll be tested early, but those are the kind of teams we want to finish the year playing against, so we want to take that challenge on to start off next year."
Some notes about the Oregon State-Iowa State game:
- The Beavers are 13-21 all-time against current members of the Big 12 Conference.
- Oregon State's last wins against current members of the Big 12 Conference came during the 2011-12 season.
- Nov. 19, 2011 -- Oregon State 100, Texas 95 (OT) (at East Rutherford, N.J.)
- March 19, 2012 -- Oregon State 101, TCU 81 (at Corvallis, Ore.)
- The Beavers are 0-2 all-time against the Cyclones.
- Nov. 30, 2007 -- Iowa State 71, Oregon State 64 (OT) (at Corvallis, Ore.)
- Dec. 6, 2008 -- Iowa State 63, Oregon State 50 (at Ames, Iowa)
- Oregon State's last home game against a current member of the Big 12 Conference was Nov. 30, 2007.
- Iowa State 71, Oregon State 64 (OT)
- Oregon State's last home game against a Big 12 Conference team was Dec. 4, 2009, two years before Colorado joined the Pac-12.
- Oregon State 74, Colorado 69