The Oregon State Beavers unveiled their new look uniforms at the Spring Game in April. I like the look and posted a picture of the three options for the 2019 season.
Now If you read national College Football prognosticators the Beavers will struggle in 2019 no matter which uniforms they wear. Check out the over under on wins by Pac-12 teams published by Fanduel recently. It doesn't paint a pretty picture for Oregon State:
- Washington: 9.5 (Over -124, Under -124)
- Oregon: 9 (Over +102, Under -120)
- Utah: 9 (Over -102, Under -114)
- Washington State 8.5 (Over +102, Under -120)
- Arizona State: 7.5 (Over +125, Under -145)
- Arizona: 7 (Over -108, Under -108)
- Stanford: 6.5 (Over -108, Under -108)
- USC: 6.5 (Over -114, Under -102)
- Cal: 6 (Over -102, Under -114)
- UCLA: 5.5 (Over -108, Under -108)
- Colorado: 4.5 (Over -108, Under -108)
- Oregon State: 2.5 (Over +130, Under -155)
So is this a realistic picture of the upcoming season? Or can the Beavers prove the predictors wrong? The stereotypes and assumptions are real in the world of those who try and predict the seasons of all 130 FBS teams. So what will it take for the Beavers to prove them wrong and become a factor in the Pac-12 title race in Jonathan Smith's second season back in Corvallis.
We begin an indepth look at every position on the Beaver roster beginning tomorrow here on the ripcityradio620.com website and then make our predictions for the 2019 season