Grilled Kabobs w/ Smoked Eckrich sausage & Veggies
- 1 package Eckrich® Original Smoked Sausage
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 1 large red onion
- 6 wooden skewers
- Grilling spray
Colorful vegetables sit alongside tasty lower sodium smoked sausage for a delicious kabob.
- Soak skewers in water for 1 hour.
- Spray grill and preheat to medium heat.
- Cut smoked sausage diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Slice zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers, and onion into ½-inch pieces.
- Thread smoked sausage, peppers, zucchini, and onion onto the skewers.
- Grill kabobs until sausage is hot and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Smoked Sausge w/ Bacon & Onion Marmalade
- 1 package Eckrich® Smoked Sausage Links
- 6 hot dog buns
- 2 to 3 strips bacon
- 1 tbsp. mustard seed
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 lbs. Vidalia onions, diced (about 6 onions)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane syrup
A savory bacon & onion marmalade highlights the delicious flavors of Eckrich Smoked Sausage in this mouth-watering recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and lay strips of bacon flat.
- Cook until crispy, about 20 to 25 minutes. Chop bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Toast mustard seeds in a dry pot over medium heat until seeds are slightly browned.
- Add bacon, vinegar, onions, brown sugar and cane syrup to the pot containing mustard seeds. Cover, but stir occasionally to prevent burning. Cook for about 20 minutes at medium-high heat.
- Remove pot cover and reduce to medium heat. Cook until liquid is reduced and onions are dark in color, about 50 minutes.
- Oil grill to prepare for grilling and turn up to medium heat. Grill sausage for 12 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.
- Place smoked sausage in hot dog bun and evenly cover with marmalade.
Smoked Sausage Pasty Pie Crust:
- 2 Cups AP flour
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Lemon Zested
- 1 1/2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 package Eckrich® Smoked Sausage
- 2 Large Pobalano Peppers seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 Medium Onion diced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 6 oz. Cojita cheese microplaned
- 6 oz. Mozzarella shredded
For the Pie crust- combine your flour sugar salt and zest in a mixing bowl. Add the butter and mix with your fingers until it resembles coarse bread crumbs. Next add an egg yolk and ice water, slowly working with your hands. The texture should hold together but not be to sticky. If crumbly add more water and if to wet a little more flour. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before using.
1 Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2 In a sauté pan add sausage, peppers, garlic, and onions. Cook until onions and peppers are soft. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Season to taste with salt and pepper as needed.
3 Roll out dough on a sheet of parchment paper to approximately a 10 to 12 inch circle. Place a layer of cheese in center of dough.
4 Place sausage and pepper mixture on top of cheese, making sure to reserve grease in pan.
5 Fold dough over as if making a calzone, crimp edges tightly with a fork or fingers. Brush outside of dough with leftover grease, or you can use a simple egg wash and bake 35 to 45 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
6 Allow to cool 15 minutes before cutting into pieces and serving.